Monday, September 21, 2009

I have never heard of the Frederick Coffee Company

I had never heard of the Frederick Coffee Company my whole life and I had lived here for the majority of my life. The first time I had ever been there was on an observation assignment from my English 101 professor and one of my classmates had introduced me to it. The structure of the building is beautiful and very unique, the people and atmosphere make you never want to leave, and the smell and taste of the coffee house remind you of Columbia.
As I walk up to the building I notice the Spanish style brick with many color flowers all around on the patio. A young man on his way to work holds the door open for me and I am greeted with the scent of freshly homemade brewed coffee when I walk him. I sit down at a small square table in the back of the room and notice the morning sun rise colors painted on the wall. There are many people waiting in line for there morning caffeine and a few people sitting down at the tables enjoying friends or work associates company.
As I turn around to notice all the nic- nacs around the store a young couple seems deeply engaged in conversation sitting at the back window and a group of elderly men who seem to meet there often enjoying morning laughter with their coffee. I walk up to the counter and an older man in a camouflage suit walks in with a long spiraled walking stick making me think he looks serious and ready to take on the day. He orders a chocolate carmel double shot cappacino, sounding so delicious I order the same.

1 comment: